ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Prioritizing remaining work

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Prioritizing remaining work
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:28:04 -0500

Happy new year to all -

Apologies for my absence on our last call. Again, I got my days mixed up - I'm still working on our old Tuesday schedule :)

At the end of this last call, Jordyn laid out three potential areas that we need to focus on during our remaining teleconferences.

1) access to data
2) define what happens when the OPOC is
contacted. (i.e. whether there should there be any
requirements or a notion of a accreditation process for OPOC, etc.)
3) define success metrics to allow the success of the implementation to be measured

While the transcript doesn't bear out any input to Jordyn's questions on these matters, I would like to share my view.

I think we should focus almost entirely on dealing with the access to data issue, followed by defining specifically what the success metrics look like to ensure that we have some ongoing guidance concerning the effectiveness of the policy after our work is done. Considering the second point, the question of what to do with additional proposals, and the other odds and sods that have popped up occasionally, should all be moved down the priority list. Put another way, I don't believe that this task force can conclude if we don't deal with #1 and #3, the rest of the outstanding issues are not imperatives from my standpoint.

Talk to you all next week.

-ross