ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] DRAFT Final Task Force Report Version 1.2

  • To: <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] DRAFT Final Task Force Report Version 1.2
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 22:56:40 +0100

Dear all,

Attached is the DRAFT Final Task Force Report Version 1.2 ahead of next
week's call. It incorporates the changes requested on that call and
immediately after.

Regarding the MarkMonitor input, I have followed the practice in use for
membership or industry associations organisations (e.g. the BITS Financial
Services Roundtable) and simply included the organisation's name, not the
membership or signatories. As it is beyond the capability of the task force
to determine the process used in associations or amongst client/peer related
firms to ascertain support for positions, this seems the most practical
approach.

I'm afraid that due to lack of time I have neglected to include Marilyn's
two changes as agreed by the task force (copied below). I will collect and
include this information and add it to the report next week.

Finally, for this report, I have used a new document template we are
trialling. If you do have time to consider it in terms of readability and
clarity, please let me know your thoughts.

All the best, Maria

A. A brief summary of the various processes and events undertaken by the TF,
including participation in workshops, outreach via conference calls to
external parties, etc. should be added to the Background section, under a
suitable heading describing the work processes of the TF.

B. Full wording of the GNSO Council resolutions should be added as
appendices and links to the resolutions be inserted into the Background
section of the Final Task Force Report. This will provide a fuller record
when the Final report is considered by the GNSO Council, and eventually, the
ICANN Board. The relevant resolutions are 20060720-02 and 20060720-03 and
can be found at www.gnso.icann.org/resolutions
<BLOCKED::http://www.gnso.icann.org/resolutions> .