ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Email from the Registry Constituency

  • To: "'Milton Mueller'" <mueller@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Simon Sheard'" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Email from the Registry Constituency
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:30:41 +0100

Hi Milton,

I understand your frustration with this delay.

My understanding of our process is that task force members can request
changes until the report is finalised. In this situation, we had our final
task force call a week ago, and received this request for changes several
days later; after the final call but just before the task force was to
receive the final report and start voting. As the task force 'straw poll'
doesn't have any standing in the bylaws, this is a grey area where my
inclination is to give everyone the opportunity to have their views
expressed in the final report.

I've circulated to the task force my understanding of the situation and
asked for a response within 24 hours to enable the Task Force to vote.

There is some interpretive room to accept comments at the very last minute,
because the procedures don't define steps at that level of detail. Jordyn
and I are clear that our goal is to finalise a report that accurately
reflects the views of all parties, and allow the process to move to the next
stage. I believe a report that a constituency disavowed is less helpful to
the community than one which is imperfect but is at least a snapshot of
current support.

If we do not get a clear outcome by tomorrow, then let's re-visit.

All the best, Maria