ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Collecting Facts

  • To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Collecting Facts
  • From: "Seth Jacoby" <Seth.Jacoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:42:44 -0700

I disagree.  I think we should explore kiting as a subtopic in this
group. Kiting and tasting are vastly different, in regards to both
intent and outcome.  I don't think we should just write-off kiting as
just a "form" of tasting any more then we can call a transfer of
registrar a "form" of a renewal (e.g. both actions trigger a billable
event at the registry and result in a term extension, right?).  We
should explore to what extent kiting occurs as we explore this topic in
general.  It's a big piece of the puzzle.