ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: R: [gnso-dt-wg] Quantifying the Registrar Benefit

  • To: gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: R: [gnso-dt-wg] Quantifying the Registrar Benefit
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 05:06:10 -0700

Sorry for the HTML post. Keep forgetting. One other comment:

We would not want to see ICANN get involved in setting minimum wholesale
or retail pricing. That's outside their mission and in fact I think
contrary to Core Values 2, 5, 6, and maybe 8. In addition, any such
discussions would likely prohibit at least two constituencies from being
able to participate due to anti-trust concerns.

Tim