ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

Re: [gnso-dt-wg] RE: discussion about 'instaneous approval of domain names'

  • To: gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dt-wg] RE: discussion about 'instaneous approval of domain names'
  • From: Mike Rodenbaugh <mxrodenbaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:58:08 -0700 (PDT)

Jay, to the extent this movie is relevant to our discussion, I think the key
point is that the phone was actually paid for, before it was activated.

  I still find the existing RAA provision a mystery, insofar as it appears to
never have been enforced.  Perhaps ICANN Staff can shed some light on that?

Jay Westerdal <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  shape {
BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }      @font-face {   font-family: Wingdings;  }
@font-face {   font-family: MS Mincho;  }  @font-face {   font-family: Tahoma;
}  @font-face {   font-family: @MS Mincho;  }  @font-face {   font-family:
Calibri;  }  @font-face {   font-family: Verdana;  }  @font-face {
font-family: Consolas;  }  @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in
1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; }  A:link {   mso-style-priority: 99  }  SPAN.MSOHYPERLINK
{   mso-style-priority: 99  }  A:visited {   mso-style-priority: 99  }
SPAN.MSOHYPERLINKFOLLOWED {   mso-style-priority: 99  }  P.MSOPLAINTEXT {
mso-style-priority: 99  }  LI.MSOPLAINTEXT {   mso-style-priority: 99  }
DIV.MSOPLAINTEXT {   mso-style-priority: 99  }  P {   mso-style-priority: 99  }
 SPAN.PLAINTEXTCHAR {   mso-style-priority: 99  }  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE:
12pt;
 MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }
DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New
Roman"  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  A:visited {
COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  P.MsoPlainText {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New"  }  LI.MsoPlainText {
FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New"  }
DIV.MsoPlainText {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY:
"Courier New"  }  P {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in;
FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-margin-top-alt: auto;
mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto  }  SPAN.PlainTextChar {   FONT-FAMILY: Consolas  }
 SPAN.EmailStyle20 {   COLOR:
 navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal  }  SPAN.EmailStyle21 {
COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; mso-style-type: personal  }
SPAN.EmailStyle22 {   COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type:
personal-reply  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }      Marilyn,
  In the Bourne Ultimatum Jason Bourne buys a prepaid cell phone in a train
station. It was activated instantly. I think AT&T calls them "Go Phones".

  Okay.

  Jay