ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Rework of motion

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Rework of motion
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:41:41 -0500

Jeff, good question.  I'd appreciate clarification of that, too, to make
sure we're all on the same page.  The transcripts of the GNSO Council
meeting and Thursday wrap-up are far from crystal clear.  As for your
other point, I had understood that the bylaws do not require
supermajority support of Council before Board can vote.  If there's
language elsewhere that controls, I'd appreciate if you would point me
in the right direction so that I'm working from the same baseline.

I'm definitely open to considering other proposals.  Having said that,
the most recent proposal was defintely a compromise for my constituency.
I feel that any further proposals on my part would effectively mean that
I'm negotiating against myself (or the constituency, which would be more
accurate).  That doesn't mean that the IPC wouldn't ultimately support
anything else, but simply that I won't be the person putting it forth.

In terms of Tuesday, one thing that would be helpful to me is if we
could discuss how  it's possible to have a consensus policy that
recognizes differences among registries.  Maybe I'm over thinking this,
but I don't get it.

On another note, NeuStar's willingness to be in front and your
willingness to participate is definitely appreciated.