ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] today's domain tasting call

  • To: "Liz Gasster" <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] today's domain tasting call
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:28:48 -0400

When do we plan to meet to discuss public comments and constituency
impact statements?  Any chance we could do so early next week?
I'll lose 2 work days during the week of April 7 (for new gTLD face to
face) so I'd like to minimize additional non-billable time, to the
extent possible.  And, I'll be in NYC for all-day meetings on the 3rd
and 4th.
I realize we may not have access to constituency impact statements by
the 4th.  (Liz, any chance the drafting team could get those as they
come in?)  We will, however, have access to public comments (and do now,
for that matter).
I suggest that we meet on Tuesday (1 April) at our former "usual" time
to discuss public comments and any changes to the draft motion that
appear warranted based upon those comments.  If we can discuss
constituency statements then, too, great.  If not, we'll have to cover
less material in any follow up call.
Comments?  Suggestions?


        From: owner-gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Liz Gasster
        Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:56 PM
        To: gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [gnso-dt-wg] today's domain tasting call

        All, so far we have the following plan - please modify as


        Mike Rodenbaugh is updating language (originally supplied by
Jeff) for a revised motion for Council and public consideration.  


        Our drafting group will propose that the draft motion be
considered on the following time schedule:


        Council approves timeline and terms of reference for
constituency statements (based on pending draft motion) on March 6.


        Staff posts request for public comment and constituency
statements (including financial impact of measure specified in motion on
each constituency, if adopted) by March 7, with a 21 day deadline, March


        Staff prepares summary of public comments and constituency
statements into a "final report" by April 4 and submits to the Council.


        Drafting group finalizes motion for Council consideration by 10
April, based on public comments and constituency impact statements


        Council acts on motion at 17 April meeting


        Assuming the motion is adopted, the hope of the drafting group
is that the process could continue to assure Board adoption in Paris.
Steps would include:


        Staff prepares Board report (within 5 calendar days) - by April


        Then 30 days needed for Board to receive in advance of Paris -
what else is needed?  Liz to determine ASAP.  



        Thanks!  Liz

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy