ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Information based solutions instead of policy based solutions

  • To: dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Information based solutions instead of policy based solutions
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:14:12 -0700

#      "*Should* ICANN take on this
#issue, or should ICANN and the registrar community do nothing
#national regulators or local/national/international law
#       enforcement agencies?"
#
#I wonder if saying "ICANN and the registrars" limits the choices. What if
#you said "or", and what if the ICANN community were to consider it
#appropriate for registrars to exercise a bit more autonomy in regard to
#dealing with abuse? Should a registrar (or registry) be able to certify
#"approved responders" and take accelerated measures based on the trusted
#reporting of such parties? This is pure speculation on my part, speaking
#as an individual, not ICANN employee. I am simply suggesting that we put
#all the alternatives on the table and if some are horrible ideas, we toss
#them with the knowledge we've explored as many as we were able to imagine.

Fully supportive of your position as stated above, Dave... Excellent point.

Regards,

Joe