ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Tweaking the y axes in the log'd graphs in the data annex

  • To: gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Tweaking the y axes in the log'd graphs in the data annex
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:13:52 -0800

Hi,

I know that people loathe Excel's graphing features, but I
think that the unusual values for the y axes in the log'd
graphs can be cleaned up pretty quickly. At least in my
ancient verison of Excel on a Mac:

-- open the existing graph
-- right click on the left edge of the graph (e.g., right click
   on the Y axis)
-- select Format Axis...
-- go to the Scale tab
-- set minimum to 1
-- set maximum to 10000
-- major unit 10
-- minor unit 10
-- category (X) axis crosses at 1
-- display units: none    Show display units label on chart [checked]
-- confirm that logarithmic scale is set
-- click OK

It would also be wonderful if grid lines can be enabled:

-- In the Chart Menu, under Chart Options, go to the Gridlines tab
-- For value (Y) axis, make sure that major gridlines and minor gridlines
   are both checked
-- click OK

Thanks a bunch for all your work on this Martin!

Regards and Happy Holidays Everyone!

Joe