ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Possible additional registries to mention for page 37 footnote

  • To: dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Possible additional registries to mention for page 37 footnote
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:26:38 -0800

Dave mentioned:

#The APWG Annual Phishing 1H2008 metric would suggest that several others
#that have abuse under control if you consider that metric as valuable.
#
#That report also makes some useful observations regarding the
#characteristics that those registries share. Using the APWG scoring, you
#could add all the TLDs that had a score of less than 1, for example, AG, AR,
#DE, DM, EU, .. Don't overlook Libya with a "attaboy" score of 0.0  :-)
#
#The EU score is noteworthy because it's a sizeable registry.

That would work for me!

#You could also use "phishing uptime". COOP, Jersey, Caymans, Kazakhstan,
#Nicaragua are all around 4-5 hours.
#
#Perhaps a combination of scores... Aren't numbers fun?

They are! I *love* data. However, I am also mindful that if we're working
on a "non-law journal"-length footnote, we better not make it *too* data-rich.
Would mentioning dot eu be enough to mute the spotlight that might otherwise
overly emphasize affilias/dot info, Greg?

Regards,

Joe