ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Understanding Fast Flux Fraud

  • To: Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Understanding Fast Flux Fraud
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:25:27 -0400

It is certainly mine. A resilient CRM (url resolution set, resolved proxy set, and actual endpoints) does seem to cry out for a url publication mechanism. I suppose broadcast radio and television would work as well, but costless SMTP looks reasonably attractive, assuming that the SMTP has reasonable penetration rates through the endpoint and content filters known to exist to the authors of the activity.

Eric

Marc Perkel wrote:

Tell me if this is accurate. Whenever there is fraud based fast flux there is also a spam component that is spreading the word that links to the fast flux domain. That's what gets people interested in the fluxing domain. Fast Flux scams have a spam component.

Is this an accurate assumption?