ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Question for Registrars - What kinds of solutions scare you?

  • To: gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Question for Registrars - What kinds of solutions scare you?
  • From: Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:22:07 -0700

I'd like to get back some feedback from registrars about your role and the burdens you face as a registrar in regards to dealing with criminals and fraud in general. What kind of a burden does it place on you? What are you forced to do to deal with abuse?

What I'm wondering is - what kinds of solutions fall in the "please don't make us do that" category?

If you could have your way, what would make your life as a registrar better?

What kinds of restrictions/liabilities affect you that relates to this problem. (As in being sued for shutting down the wrong domain.)

What is the policy for shutting down domains now? What kind of threshholds are involved in determining that a domain has committed enough sins to be killed?

And - other things registrars want to say to the rest of us to help us understand your needs in dealing with this issue?