ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Proposed Solution -- Afilias' .INFO Abusive Domain Use Policy

  • To: mike@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Proposed Solution -- Afilias' .INFO Abusive Domain Use Policy
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:28:42 -0700

Mike mentioned:

#Following my own suggestions, here's one to ponder.
#
#Proposal:
#
#- Encourage adoption of anti-abuse policies, modeled after the
#Afilias .INFO Abusive Domain Use Policy, across all TLDs
#
#Here's a link to the policy (which the ICANN Board recently accepted);
#
#
http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/afilias-abuse-funnel-request-rev-03jul08.pdf

I like it, and that would cover the fastflux issue and some other issues
as well.

The only part that's a little procedurally vague is the complaint submission
process -- that might be something worth standardizing (mail to a special
address? completion of a web form? faxed or snail mailed complaints? Or?)

Presumably that's just an implementation detail (albeit a very important
one, I think)

Regards,

Joe