ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Proposed Solution -- Afilias' .INFO Abusive Domain Use Policy

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Proposed Solution -- Afilias' .INFO Abusive Domain Use Policy
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:41:05 -0500

At 05:32 PM 7/31/2008, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:
Mike,

Please be advised the current cite should be:

    http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep under proposal number 2008007

Yep, that's what I was trying to get people to -- the only thing i did was add the 2008007 to the URL. Sorry about that.

By the way, here's the link to the Preliminary Determination memo;

http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/jones-to-afilias-18jul08.pdf

I also want to point out that I demand an absolute monopoly on Bad Ideas in this working group. All the good ideas belong to the rest of you, all the bad ideas belong to me.

Along those lines, I should point out that this is a decidedly controversial measure that has stirred up quite a hornet's nest in other quarters. So feel free to knock me around a bit. Just don't do it to each other. :-)

<http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep%20under%20proposal%20number%202008007>

Eric

Mike O'Connor wrote:

Following my own suggestions, here's one to ponder.

Proposal:

- Encourage adoption of anti-abuse policies, modeled after the Afilias .INFO Abusive Domain Use Policy, across all TLDs

Here's a link to the policy (which the ICANN Board recently accepted);

http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/afilias-abuse-funnel-request-rev-03jul08.pdf

and here's a link to the chronology of documents that preceded this one;

http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/index.html#2008007

voice: 651-647-6109
fax: 866-280-2356

web: www.haven2.com