ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Choke points

  • To: "gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Choke points
  • From: "George Kirikos" <fastflux@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:58:21 -0400

Hi again,

By the way, I intentionally chose the word "choke point", due to its
military origins:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_point

Those who've seen the movie "300" know of what I speak

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/

where King Leonidas in the Battle of Thermopylae held back a much
larger attacking force:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

If this is a "war", one can use all the principles from "The Art of
War" by Sun Tzu:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/132/132.txt
http://suntzusaid.com/

Recall some of the famous lines like "All warfare is based on
deception." "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are
not expected."  "Now the general who wins a battle makes many
calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought." "Thus the
highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans"  "Therefore
the skillful leader subdues the enemy's troops without any fighting;
he captures their cities without laying siege to them; he overthrows
their kingdom without lengthy operations in the field."

and so on, and so on (one can quote the entire book!).

Thus the motivation to talk about what are "their" resources, what are
their advantages, weaknesses, how do we thwart their usage of their
advantages, how do we compel them to move their forces, channeling
them into places where we can destroy them, how do we use our
resources, and so on.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
www.LEAP.com