ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Agreement - Disagreement - Discussion

  • To: "gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Agreement - Disagreement - Discussion
  • From: Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:38:22 -0700

Just to clarify the discussion process. I don't look at any of this as disagreement. What I see is us putting ideas on the table and raising concerns. So this phase will have disagreement. But that's part of the process to leading to agreement. So disagreement doesn't mean failure at this point.

Example:

Marc: If we block X then we can shut down fakebank.com
Wendy: But will that shut down free-tibet-monks.org?
Joe: If we also test Y then that would protect free-tibet-monks.org

Using this process we might eventually get to a consensus on some things that we all agree on. But it's the process of not agreeing at first that gets us there.

And - I think discussing solutions is necessary to help define the problem.