ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Wiki Posting

  • To: gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Wiki Posting
  • From: RLVaughn <RL_Vaughn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:22:16 -0500

I have posted a case study on the wiki.  All opinions
expressed therein are mine.

The case is very much a "live" case in that it exposes victim
IPs and fastflux domain names.  I regard these data as sensitive
but essential to the study.  I have made some redactions
to some data which I consider to be too sensitive to release.  Those
redactions and my rationale for not releasing them will be obvious
to the reader.

I seem to recall Mike hinting the case may do little if anything
to help with issues of definitions, approaches, or solutions
to the problems at hand.  It may, however, serve as some foundational
material for those interested in the workings of an alleged fastflux
network.

I hope you find the writing to be not as horrible as you have every
right to expect.

Randy