ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Comments on Section 6.1, lines 486-516

  • To: mike@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Comments on Section 6.1, lines 486-516
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:38:32 -0700

#i would prefer that you reframe this as a personal statement that
#we'll add to the back of the report,

Is the window still open for those? I was under the impression the
deadline for them had passed.

#i'm also open to the idea of dropping the recap section.

I'd be fine with that option.

My concern with the recap is that it takes items from the constituency
statements (which I believe are simply what they are, and not subject
to commentary), and moves that material into the body of the report
where it attains a (a) different luster and imprimatur, but (b) does
so at a cost (e.g., it looses, or should loose, the "immunity from
comment and rebuttal" it enjoys as an Annex).

Regards,

Joe