ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Text following line 572

  • To: <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Text following line 572
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:09:30 -0400

Speaking as one responsible for the Afilias (one "f") policy:

Afilias is a private actor that is acting within a set of contractual
obligations and limitations.  Not all parties are similarly situated.  Also,
Afilias acted in this fashion in a volunteer fashion, and proposed a terms
of service that it was right for it.  However, there is not a
one-size-fits-all solution that should be forced upon parties.  One thing
some parties are concerned about is being forced by ICANN to do things in a
certain way.  ICANN is not in a good position to dictate policies,
procedures, and associated costs of this nature.

All best,
--Greg