ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] RE: On the basic process question for the gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx working group

  • To: "Eric Brunner-Williams" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] RE: On the basic process question for the gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx working group
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:00:12 -0400

My personal opinion is that the group has some flexibility in terms of
what the report contains.  For sure, it should contain a good summary of
the lessons learned, which can include additional questions raised.  To
the extent that any of the charter questions were answered, the answers
should be included.  If any of the charter questions were not answered,
an explanation would be helpful.  Because the Council will need to
decide on next steps, any recommendations that the WG has would be
useful; if there are multiple recommendations without group consensus,
competing recommendations could be included along with WG levels of
support for each one along with rationale.

Based on what I have seen, the WG has done a very large amount of work
so the report may be very long.  In that regard, an executive summary
would be a very good idea.

Chuck Gomes