ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Just noticed something

  • To: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Just noticed something
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 03:56:55 -0700

Hi Joe,

I used the originally distributed MS Word document for exactly this reason.

On 9/15/08 9:17 PM, "Joe St Sauver" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I've obviously been running a bit behind but I've finally had a chance
to take a closer look a why I couldn't copy text out of the
https://st.icann.org/pdp-wg-ff/index.cgi/FF%20Initial%20Report%20-%20Proposals1.pdf?action=attachments_download;page_name=fast_flux_pdp_wg;id=20080909191554-0-18309
document

I tried copying text in both Acrobat Reader and in Preview on the Mac, but it
seems as if the "text" in the columns is actually not saved in the document as
"text" but may be saved as a rendered bitmap instead. Could this be possible?

Checking File --> Document Properties in Acrobat Reader, I notice that the
document looks like it was produced from MS Word using cgpdftops CUPS filter

Are others able to successfully copy and paste text from the Proposals
document?

Unless there's some trick I'm missing, I'll retype the relevant sections
manually, I guess.

Thanks,

Joe