ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Re: Mannheim score concerns (minority view)

  • To: icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Re: Mannheim score concerns (minority view)
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:10:05 -0700

Mike Rodenbaugh mentioned:

#I agree with Dave re registration verification, and that is an important
#potential remedy or best practice to elaborate upon in our Report.

"Me three" on this point.

One procedural issue, however: I distinctly recall that early on
stuff related to whois (and I view registration verification as
being intimately related to the whois topic) as being declared
"out of scope."

Has that/can that declaration be rescinded? If so, I think that
would be GREAT, because there is a clear pattern that the folks
who do criminal fast flux also tend to have bad/missing whois,
and having whois-related fixes in scope would really free up
the set of potential solutions which could be potentially pursued.

Regards,

Joe