ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Introduction of Martin Hall

  • To: cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Introduction of Martin Hall
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:17:20 -0700

Chuck mentioned:

#In the past few weeks I became aware of a company that our Naming
#business team at VeriSign was using to provide some expertise with
#regard to the issue of fast flux.  The name of the company is
#Karmasphere and here is a brief company description from their CEO
#Martin Hall.

I'd strongly support Martin (or a Karmasphere person of his recommendation)
as an addition to the group. I know Martin from MAAWG, and I'm happy to
vouche for him -- in fact Martin/Karmasphere was one of three parties I
mentioned when Avri mentioned that there might be a possibility of adding
folks to group (with any such additions to be made with the understanding
that they'd be added to the discussions already in progress, not with the
intent of reopening settled issues which are already "under the bridge").

In the interest of transparency, I will say that all three of the folks I
proposed were data-oriented folks, which is the phase of our work that I
think we still have largely in front of us, and one of the reasons why I'm
particularly interested in securing their assistance for this work.

Regards,

Joe

Disclaimer: all opinions strictly my own.