ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Introduction & Statement of Interest: Martin Hall, Karmasphere

  • To: gnso-ff-pdp-may08@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Introduction & Statement of Interest: Martin Hall, Karmasphere
  • From: Martin Hall <martinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 14:47:24 -0700

Hello everyone and thank you for including me in this working group.

Here is my statement of interest:

I am co-founder and CEO of Karmasphere, a start-up focused on improving decisions about who to interact with online by providing more insight into the identities involved. We've built a platform and set of network analytics technologies that aggregate numerous data sources, subject them to a range of mining and forensics processes and which enable us to apply the resulting intelligence to a variety of online decision contexts.

One of the components we built is a fast flux detector. It consumes various data inputs and uses configurable heuristics to determine if a domain is fluxing, monitoring it from that point forward. The output of this system is a rich seam of data about fluxing domains, their attributes and connections between them.

We are interested in collaborating with other organizations to cure and prevent the use of fast flux networks for malicious activities. I look forward to figuring out how we can best help the work of this group.

regards,
Martin
--
Martin Hall