ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Dynamic DNS

  • To: Paul Stahura <Paul.Stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Dynamic DNS
  • From: Jose Nazario <jose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:37:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Paul Stahura wrote:

I don't see this service listed in the "Legitimate uses of fast flux" section.

again, this comes back to an excellent point hit very well yesterday: thee low TTL check is ONE characteristics of fast flux, not a single indicator. one of many criteria that we use to screen for fast flux service networks and their associated domain names.

in addition, dDNS-for-home-users has 1 IP per A record, usually, that's usually stable at TTL+1.

again, this isn't an issue that needs to be addressed because the low TTL is just one common feature of FFSNs.

jose nazario, ph.d.             <jose@xxxxxxxxx>
manager of security research    arbor networks
v: (734) 821 1427               http://asert.arbornetworks.com/