ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] fast flux numbers lately

  • To: joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] fast flux numbers lately
  • From: Martin Hall <martinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 04:59:14 -0800

I've added our numbers for the past 3 months to Greg's spreadsheet.
I'm working separately on charting this and other data for a draft to insert in the report. We have rather a lot of data that's taking longer than expected to run our complete analytics on.

Looking at the ff domains/tld with the per 10,000 perspective, we see the following TLDs with 1 or more per 10,000:

cn 19.55 (24,171)

com 2.62 (20,488)
su 6.1 (42)
bz 4.37 (19)
ec 1.23 (2)
net 1.36 (1617)
gs 19.05 (16)
asia 1.0 (21)

Overall this concurs with Arbor data and Joe's observation about .com & .cn. One observation to add: in the past 60 days, we've seen a significant uptick in .cn domains fluxing in both real and factored terms.

Martin