ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Processing Ran Atkinson's comments

  • To: Fast Flux Workgroup <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Processing Ran Atkinson's comments
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:01:51 -0700

Hello all,

Ran Atkinson's comments are quite constructive.

One comment focuses on beneficial uses of short TTLs. I think this is valid
and would suggest we incorporate his specific comments regarding mobile
applications in the appropriate section. I will work with Marika to capture
the essence of Ran's comments and incorporate them into the document. I'll
post to list, hopefully later this week.

A second comment is that we did not carefully distinguish between beneficial
uses of adaptive/volatile networking techniques (e.g. Short TTLs) and fast
flux attack networks. As I said on the call, I think we need to explain how
the WG formulated/refined what characterizes FF attack networks but elected
to answer the questions as formulated by the GNSO counsel. I hope this can
be done in 1-2 paragraphs and again, I'll post to list for review.

I'll also compose a letter inviting the IETF mobility WG to comment on the
report and ask that they do so by, say 21 May 2009? Avri, please send me the
chair's email since you've already looked it up:-0