ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Rasmussen/Piscitello action 4.b 4.c and 4.e

  • To: Greg Aaron <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Fast Flux Workgroup <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Rasmussen/Piscitello action 4.b 4.c and 4.e
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 07:04:52 -0700

Hi Greg,

I think that is something for the WG to decide. For example, some people
might find value in having a clearer definition of what a registrar ought to
do when it resolves a whois accuracy notification, esp. with regard to
assuring that no orphaned records remain. Others might suggest that
characterizing some baseline of change behaviors as "normal" and suggesting
that monitoring for anomalies to these ought to be more than a best
practice, to ensure uniform implementation. I'm not advocating either
position is a "must have" (that's not for me to decide) but putting it on
the table for discussion.