ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Ryan Haight Act

  • To: gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Ryan Haight Act
  • From: Joe St Sauver <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:51:28 -0700

Since the Ryan Haight Act came up a couple of times during the
recent discussion, I tracked it down at
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-6353

I'm not seeing the language that folks had in mind when they were
talking about mandating action by registrars or registries, or
providing safe harbor for ISPs or registrars that take action
to deal with online pharmacies, etc. (then again, this bill doesn't
exactly read like Shakespeare shall we say). Can someone help me
out with a chapter and verse?

Thanks,

Joe