ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-frn-dt]

[gnso-frn-dt] Adobe Connect Chat Transcript Fake Renewal Notices Drafting Team 02-02-2012

  • To: "gnso-frn-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-frn-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-frn-dt] Adobe Connect Chat Transcript Fake Renewal Notices Drafting Team 02-02-2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 12:32:55 -0800

  Marika Konings:FRN-DT Meeting - 2 February 2012
  Michele Neylon:I did
  Michele Neylon:I was under a lot of stress
  Michele Neylon:and read the wrong timezone I think
  Michele Neylon:or maybe I misread the entire email
  Bladel:So Paul does show up for working groups.   Just not mine. :)
  Michele Neylon:lol
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Poncelet Illeleji has joined the audio bride
  Nathalie  Peregrine:bridge
  Bladel:Echo.
  Bladel:Please mute.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:it's Poncelet's line, he has been muted.
  Paul Diaz:I think the names would help, as it gives some sense of DNUM and
scale of problem
  Marika Konings:Just checked and 3 of those that responded 'significant
burden' did not provide name/affiliation
  Paul Diaz::-)
  Marika Konings:Those that did identify it as a significant burden and
provided affiliation are Blacknight, eNom, Cor, Othello and Euro DNS
  Marika Konings:Core
  Marika Konings:Just to clarify - I referred to the PDP on the RAA which would
be a policy development process on RAA which would follow the normal PDP
process (not to be confused with the current RAA negotiations)
  Paul Diaz:re: DROA (and it's d/b/a entities), remember that consumer
protection agencies (like the FTC in the US) has already ruled against this
scam artist
  Marika Konings:I think it can be found here:
http://cira.ca/assets/Documents/Legal/Brandon-Gray
  Michele Neylon:http://www.cira.ca/legal/brandongray/
  Michele Neylon:link moved :)
  Michele Neylon:http://blog.blacknight.com/tag/domain-registry-of-america
  Michele Neylon:here's one I made earlier
  Michele Neylon:i''m trying to lower my hand
  Paul Diaz:sorry, I don't remember when AuthInfo codes were required
  Marika Konings:Wasn't it introduced in 2004 with the IRTP?
  Paul Diaz:@Marikia, that's what I was thinking, but I'm not certain