ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-geo-dg]

[gnso-geo-dg] Geographical Region Principle

  • To: <gnso-geo-dg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-geo-dg] Geographical Region Principle
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:58:28 -0400

Here is my first attempt to translate one of the issues I expressed on
our call today into a principle for consideration by our small group.

"The topic of the makeup of ICANN's geographical regions must be
considered in the context of the geographical region requirements
imposed on all ICANN organizations and hence those requirements should
be reviewed and possibly adjusted in conjunction with any proposed
changes to the regions themselves."

I am sure it can be expressed better but hopefully this will at least
put a stake in the ground.

Chuck