ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-geo-dg]

Re: [gnso-geo-dg] Principles - ICANN regions -

  • To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, gnso-geo-dg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-geo-dg] Principles - ICANN regions -
  • From: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:41:44 -0300

Here some of my comments - principles:

ICANN regions are different from other regional divisions, this is
problematic and confusing specially in developing countries and does not
favor participation and geographic diviersity into the ICANN structure.

In relation with Regions and geographic diversity requirements, some
flexibility should be allowed for representatives in the GNSO Council.

Different regions have different concerns and needs in relation with ICANN
activities.

Thanks and regards to all
Olga