ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-global-outreach]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Outreach Task Force

  • To: gnso-global-outreach <gnso-global-outreach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Outreach Task Force
  • From: Frank Ellermann <hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:58:27 +0100

Hi, as reader of the ICANN blog I get the impression that this
is yet another case of an ICANN committee forming a WG resulting
in a PDF proposing to form another committee...

In my opinion you could achieve more global outreach by simply
producing (English) Internet-Drafts eventually published as
informational RFCs, for a relevant example compare RFC 6055.

There are already various "RFC streams" as explained in the
"Tao of IETF" (quoted by your paper), and maybe ICANN should
get its own "stream".  Discuss this with the IAB, that's why
there is an IAB "above" IESG/IETF/IRTF/RFC-editor.

Like ISOC you could then create your own journal featuring
relevant RFCs -- not limited to RFCs produced by ICANN, but
still with a bias on topics relevant for ICANN, e.g., IDNA.

For academic audiences a journal is always fine; and for
your global outreach efforts the journal can be published
in all languages supported by ICANN.

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>