ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] Request for an observer on the joint ccNSO/GAC IDN working group

  • To: <gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Request for an observer on the joint ccNSO/GAC IDN working group
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:18:18 +1100

Hello All,

The ICANN Board in its Sao Paulo meeting resolved the following:

From: http://www.icann.org/minutes/resolutions-08dec06.htm#_Toc27198296

"Resolved (06.___), the ICANN Board acknowledges the significant work
performed by the members of the community working on this important
topic and urges this work to continue to move forward in a manner that
emphasizes the security and stability of the Internet and enhances the
usability of and accessibility to the Internet.

Resolved (06.___), the ICANN Board respectfully requests that all
volunteers work closely together in their continued work to ensure that
the introduction of IDNs proceeds in a coordinated, timely manner.

Resolved (06.___), the ICANN Board requests the ccNSO and the GAC,
through a joint collaborative effort, in consultation as needed with the
relevant technical community, to produce an issues paper relating to the
selection of IDN ccTLDs associated with the ISO 3166-1 two-letter codes.
"

The ccNSO and GAC are forming a joint working group as below, and have
requested a representative from the GNSO.  See request below.

Please let me know who from the GNSO IDN working group should be an
observer on the ccNSO/GAC working group.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin