ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] One comment on techno-policy details

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] One comment on techno-policy details
  • From: "Chun Eung Hwi" <ehchun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:20:25 +0900

Dear Bruce and all,

In my prior reply to Olof Nordling's comment, I have kept this in my mind.
This is very typical "confusingly similar" case which could happen in
punycode encoded ascii strings. And I think this case could also be largely
categorized as "typographical similarity". So, we may say that in ascii or
non-ascii labels or across different language script labels, "typographical
similarity" should be avoided.

But in any event, this is not to say that one script label in one language
would have any ""ex ante rights" with similarities to the "confusingly
similar" test".

regards,

Chun