ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Your opinion regarding changing our call schedule

  • To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Your opinion regarding changing our call schedule
  • From: Cary Karp <ck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:38:48 +0100

Because of my involvement in several other forums where IDN policy,
protocol, and implementation are being addressed, I don't want to miss
any our w.g.'s discussions. This is not simply for the sake of keeping
myself informed. I would like to believe that there is at least some
benefit from my being able both to help ensure the shortest possible
path for intercommunicating the perspectives of these groups, and to
provide immediate answers to questions the w.g. may have about work in
progress elsewhere.

I have therefore been attending both of our weekly meetings. There is,
however, no realistic possibility of my being able to keep up that pace
through all the weeks ahead. I sincerely hope that we will find some
way for consolidating our deliberations to a single weekly meeting and
am gladly prepared to devote two hours to it.

/Cary