ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] GNSO IDN WG, Final Outcomes Report, draft for quickfeedback - 4.2.9

  • To: marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] GNSO IDN WG, Final Outcomes Report, draft for quickfeedback - 4.2.9
  • From: subbiah <subbiah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 22:45:51 -0800

Marilyn

I think on the call it was generally accepted that when pre-exixting deployments are considerd and if ICANN after deliberations were to accept, then the pre-existing folks should and must adopt ICANN IDNA and other technicall and policies going forward.
Just like for example everyone switched from RACE to punycode when IETF changed the format yeasr ago- even Verisign with its IDN testbed eventually did.

Cheers

Subbiah

marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

At the risk of reopening this issue, don't we need to take technological limitations into account as well? Is there a 'chapeau statement needed in the principles that acknowledges that issue?
Regards,
Marilyn Cade