ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] IDNG WG Motion Draft2

  • To: gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] IDNG WG Motion Draft2
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:33:37 -0700

Regardless of what else is said or done, I would like to point out that
the FY10 estimated costs for supporting various aspects of ccTLDs,
ccNSO, and ccTLD IDNs is $9MM. However, only $1.6MM is being projected
for FY10 fees (voluntary) collected from ccTLDs. And note that in FY09
while $2.3MM in ccTLD fees was projected, only $500,000 is expected to
materialize.

 See pages 8 & 9 of the Expense Analysis:
 http://www.icann.org/en/financials/eag-analysis-29may09-en.pdf

 See page 40 of the FY10 Opperating Plan and Budget:

http://www.icann.org/en/financials/proposed-opplan-budget-v1-fy10-17may09-en.pdf

Would it be out of line if the GNSO were make a statement that ICANN
should have a firm *commitment* from ccTLD operators as to how they
intend to cover ICANN's costs *before* any rollout of ccTLD IDNs of any
kind? This would just be a firmer re-statement of our position.

Tim