ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

Re: [gnso-idng] an initial rough draft of a motion and letter

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idng] an initial rough draft of a motion and letter
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:06:13 +0200

Hi Chuck,

Yes, I that is correct as far as I am concerned. I will let Tim and Adrian
speak for themselves rather than risk putting words in their mouths. I am
opposed to forming a WG at this stage as I feel it will introduce delays. I am
in favour of allowing ext eval for similar strings. I am also in favour of the
Council saying in no uncertain terms that it is looking at this issue in depth
for round 2 but does not want to start a WG for round 1 because the Council
feels it is high time the new gTLD program was launched.

Stéphane