ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo-qc]

[gnso-igo-ingo-qc] Qualification Spreadsheet Integrated

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo-qc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo-qc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo-qc] Qualification Spreadsheet Integrated
  • From: Kiran Malancharuvil <kmalancharuvil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 22:31:58 +0000

Good Evening Qualification Criteria Group Members:

Here is an integrated version of our spreadsheet.  We have reviewed the
transcripts and email communication and have attempted to integrate all
comments that we feel are appropriately included and representative of the
Working Group and various organization's views.

After reviewing both Evan's and Claudia's suggested inclusions, we have made
the following decisions:

*         Some suggested criteria are more appropriately discussed in other
small groups.  These are:

o   What is the current incidence of fraudulent or misleading domains related
the organization?  (from Evan) - Best discussed under "Nature of the Problem."

o   Does the organization, or its subsidiaries, engage in ad-hoc domain
creation to deal with unforeseen needs (ie: disaster relief)?  (from Evan) -
Best discussed under "Nature of the Problem" as it relates to increased
likelihood of phishing and other fraudulent activities.

o   Does the organization currently use a domain name under .int?  (from Evan)
- Currently being discussed under "Eligibility Criteria"

o   Harm - with specified subgroups (from Claudia's email dated December 19,
2012) - Best discussed under "Nature of the Problem."

*         For those additional criteria that we added in the spreadsheet - we
invite the individuals that suggested the additional criteria to fill out the
corresponding fields of the spreadsheet as they are most likely to
appropriately tailor the answers to the concerns that gave rise to the
suggestion.

In addition, we integrated the two spreadsheets by including Claudia's
comments, either in the body of the spreadsheet if those comments represented a
widely accepted viewpoint to the members of the WG and organizations or in
"notes" if they did not.

Thank you for your continued work on this issue.

Best regards,

Jim Bikoff, David Heasley and Kiran Malancharuvil

Kiran J. Malancharuvil
Silverberg, Goldman & Bikoff, L.L.P.
Georgetown Place
1101 30th Street NW, Suite 120
Washington, DC 20007
(202) 944-3307 - office
(619) 972-7810 - mobile
kmalancharuvil@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:kmalancharuvil@xxxxxxxxx>

This message from the law firm of Silverberg, Goldman & Bikoff LLP may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you received this transmission in
error, please call us immediately at (202) 944-3307 or contact us by e-mail at
kmalancharuvil@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:kmalancharuvil@xxxxxxxxx>. Disclosure or use of
any part of this message by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.