ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Agenda for 31October 2012 IGO-INGO PDP

  • To: "Berry Cobb" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Agenda for 31October 2012 IGO-INGO PDP
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:31:29 -0400

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot make this call as I am already committed to a WCIT call

A question, is this the beginning of the WG for the PDP or just a preliminary
step DT.

If it is the beginning of the WG, as has been reported elsewhere, then I do not
think we have done sufficiently clear outreach yet.

One request I would like to make on the issues up-front is that the work items
include doing impact analysis (rights, competition etc) on any recommendations
made.
I know this is in the defined PDP process, but many of the elements of the PDP
are, for example the process to be used, yet we repeat them in the charters of
WG.  Until such time as impact analysis (rights, competition etc..) is an
understood and expect element that needs no mention, I beleive it is critical
that it be mentioned.

In this case I expect that impact analysis goes beyond pro-forma but is
substantive given the arguments of the RCRC and others related to to
humanitarian principles, human rights and international law.

avri