ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Proposed language edit for the WG charter

  • To: gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Proposed language edit for the WG charter
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:57:48 -0500

Hi,

In this respect, I do not think that what the GAC has said or what the DT,
which some of us disputed the validity of of as a policy recommending body, did
has any authority or serves to establish precedent over how this PDP WG does
its work.

The purpose of this PDP is to understand the conditions under which it is
should be policy to add names to the reserved named list.  In terms of being
candidates and petitioners for such treatment, the IOC, the RCRC, other INGOs
and the IGOs are all in the same basket.  It is only once we understand, and
decide on, the conditions and the relevant discriminators that we can decide
who get lumped with whom.

avri