ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Qualification Criteria - common ground?

  • To: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Qualification Criteria - common ground?
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:24:46 -0500

Again, I have a problem with the questions. I do not believe that this WG should be granting protection as specified in A without other accompanying criteria. If the treaties/laws are so compelling, this should be a legal decision and not a policy one.

For B, the proposal to use national law aw the definition of public interest just reverts to option A. But without the note, it is a good start.

Alan