ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Nature of the problem / Evidence of harm discussion

  • To: Christopher Lamb <christopher.lamb17@xxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Nature of the problem / Evidence of harm discussion
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:44:14 -0500

Chris, if this entire endeavour was about providing protection for the Red Cross and related organizations, I am pretty sure we would not be embroiled in the current discussions. Whether we could in fact stop the kind of fraud you are describing is another matter, since I am quite sure that a good con artist could capitalize on a tsunami with violating whatever rules we put in place. But surely we could make it a bit harder for them.

But it is not just the Red Cross we are looking at and that is what makes the discussion and decisions far more difficult.

Alan