ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] Protection of the Red Cross, Red Crescent and related designations

  • To: Stephane Hankins <shankins@xxxxxxxx>, Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] Protection of the Red Cross, Red Crescent and related designations
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 15:10:48 +0000

Stephane,

It may be just me, but I would appreciate it if you could briefly clarify your
points. To assist in that, could you respond to the following without providing
your rationale because I have already read it.  I simply want to make sure I am
clear on what your main points are.

Regarding your item (1):

·        Are you simply saying that the request of the General Counsel should
include both the top and second levels?

·        If you are saying more than that, please identify what other points
you are making.

Regarding your item (2):

·        How does your position differ from what is in Part 6 of Specification
5 in the revised version of the base New gTLD Registry agreement that is
currently posted for public comment?  (The link to the document can be found at
the bottom of
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/base-agreement-05feb13-en.htm .)

Chuck