ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 27 March 2013

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 27 March 2013
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:52:34 -0700

Dear All,

The next call for the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP)
Working Group is scheduled in Beijing on Monday 8 April 2013.

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday  27 March 2013 at
1900 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20130327-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb>mar

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Lanre Ajayi - NCA
Jim Bikoff – IPC/IOC
Avri Doria – NCSG
Elizabeth Finberg – RySG
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Catherine Gribbin - Red Cross
Stephane Hankins - NCSG
David Heasley - IPC/IOC
Debra Hughes – Red Cross
Wolgang Kleinwaechter – NCSG
David Maher - RySG
Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC/IOC
Christopher Rassi - Red Cross
Thomas Rickert – NCA –Working group chair
Greg Shatan - IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit – ISO
Mary Wong - NCUC

Apologies:
Chuck Gomes – RySG
Evan Leibovitch - ALAC
Guilaine Fournet – IEC
Wilson Abigaba – NCSG
Alain Berranger - NPOC
Mason Cole – GNSO Council Vice Chair

ICANN Staff:
Brian Peck
Berry Cobb
Marika Konings
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat
*************

Adobe Chat transcript for 27 March 2013:

  Berry Cobb:Welcome to the IGO-INGO WG Meeting for 27 MAR 2013.
  Avri Doria:still no adobe sound?
  Julia Charvolen:Not yet Avri
  Avri Doria:thanks.  I keep hoping.
  Avri Doria:if there is only early and late april, then we have half a month
to get it done.
  Mary Wong:Hello, sorry for joining the call late.
  Mary Wong:@Greg, I plan to be in the dining car with a good drink :)
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your line if you are not speking, *6
  Julia Charvolen:Wolfgang Kleinwaechter joined the meeting
  wolfgang:Sorry for being late. I just joined the call. Arrived at home just 5
minutes ago.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Agree that an interim or priliminary report
would be helpful.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):preliminary
  Marika Konings:Apologies, but I need to leave for another call. I'll follow
up with Thomas and Brian to see how I can assist, if needed.
  Avri Doria:probably no delgation until at least July
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Seems so Avri
  Avri Doria:and it will be a very small, slow trickle when it start (even July
is optimistic, but maybe one or two)
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I certainly hope so.
  Avri Doria:and yet in Vi, one of the psotions that was defined during the
process was accepted by the board.  So the work was not wasted, even if
consensus was not reached.
  Avri Doria:... was essentially accepted, without being named, ...  There is
great merit to do ones best to make sure their viewpoint is well formed and
stated.
  Avri Doria:Thomas, oh, i am sure we all think you are directing your stubborm
and doesn't do their homework pointer at us.
  Mary Wong:Is the briefing to the Council on Sat or Sun?
  Berry Cobb:Saturday
  Mary Wong:Thx, Berry - will miss it then (arriving Sat eve.)
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Has there been any development for remote
participation?
  Avri Doria:i am cetrtinaly willing to committ to writing something that
explains what i was thinking.  when is it due?
  Berry Cobb:Hi Claudia.  On the meeting schedule for the IGO-INGO session will
include remote participation details.  Also the GNSO Sectretariat team will
send out to our mailing list the teleconference details.
  Berry Cobb:@Avri.  If you could have a short write up by beginning of next
week, we can import into our working draft.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Great!  I'm truly sorry I can't make it.  But
would be happy to meet up with any of our fine colleagues if they pass through
Geneva!
  Alan Greenberg:Stiff drink!
  Berry Cobb:http://beijing46.icann.org/node/37039
  Mary Wong:Safe travels to Beijing for those going, talk to you all soon!
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Bye!!