ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] Protection of the RCRC designations - RCRC comments

  • To: "'Thomas Rickert'" <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'David W. Maher'" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] Protection of the RCRC designations - RCRC comments
  • From: "Lanre Ajayi" <lanre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 00:31:43 +0100

All,

The RySG approach looks a good balance between the divergent views and seems to
be bringing us close consensus. I found the approach appropriate.

I also have concern about given the organizations seeking additional
protections the power to determine who gets exceptions. I think demonstrating
the right to an acronym through the use of TMCH should be adequate in granting
exemptions to the applying organization.

Thanks

--Lanre