ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] Protections for INGO names

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] Protections for INGO names
  • From: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 23:25:32 +0200

All,
as you know, we have gained momentum around a proposal and a series of
protection recommendations of identifiers for the IOC, RCRC, and IGOs.  From
the onset it became clear that all four groups had to be considered
individually given the varying nature of the organizations in question.

Some of you have reminded me and the group that the INGO designations are not
covered by the RySG proposal, which has been the basis of our recent
discussions.

To complete our charter and work effort, it is now time for the WG to continue
deliberations on protection of INGO identifiers and the following is an effort
to determine the level of support by the WG.  Please provide responses to the
mail list with the following aspects to consider:

1)      Is there general support by WG members for protecting certain INGOs?
2)      If so, what qualification criteria should be used?
3)      If qualification criteria were defined, would the proposed INGO
protection align to our current proposals of the IGO, IOC, and RCRC
organizations?

We can certainly base our discussions on the findings of our previous work, but
it is my impression that no proposal on criteria for INGOs has been made so far
that got substantial traction. Please use this opportunity to take this forward
and please do come up with concrete language for proposals that the group can
then discuss.

Thanks,
Thomas