ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] Updated attendance: MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 15 May 2013

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] Updated attendance: MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 15 May 2013
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 01:34:15 -0700

Dear All,

Please note that there will be no further IGO-INGO Protections Policy
Development Process (PDP) Working Group teleconferences scheduled until further
notice.

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 at
1600 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20130515-en.mp3
On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb>may

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Jim Bikoff - IPC/IOC
David Heasley - IOC
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Stephane Hankins - NCSG
David Maher - RySG
Kiran Malancharuvil - Personal capacity
Christopher Rassi - Red Cross
Thomas Rickert - NCA -Working group chair
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit - ISO
David Roache-Turner - WIPO
Mason Cole - GNSO Council vice chair - RrSG
Evan Leibovitch - ALAC
Judd Lauter - IOC replacing Kiran Malancharuvil
Wilson Abigaba - NCSG
Greg Shatan - IPC
Debra Hughes - NCSG
Mary Wong - NCUC
Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP
Poncelet Illeleji - NCSG
Mike Rodenbaugh - CBUC

Apologies:
Guilaine Fournet - (IEC)
Wolfgang Kleinwächter - NCSG
Avri Doria - NCSG
Ricardo Guilherme - RySG

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Brian Peck
Nathalie Peregrine

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie

Adobe Chat Transcript 15 May 2013

Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the 15 May 2013 IGO-INGO Conference Call.

  Judd Lauter (IOC):Jim Bikoff, David Heasley and Judd Lauter are on the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please remember to mute your pc mike if using the AC
audio, thank you!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Thanks Judd, noted!

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello everyone

  Evan Leibovitch:Hello. Shortly I will have to leave the call briefly but will
dial back in.

  Evan Leibovitch:But I'm in the call now

  Poncelet ileleji:Hello All, I submitted mine with no objections to Berry

  Greg Shatan:I am on.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Mike Rodenbaugh has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Thank you Greg, you were noted in the roll call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Stephane Hankins has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Mary Wong has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Kiran Malancharuvil has joined the call

  Berry Cobb:I just sent a PDF of the compiled responses thus far to the
mailing list.

  Kiran Malancharuvil (personal capacity):I have a change in my statement of
interest, but I'm on hold to join the call, so please note that I am not
representing the IOC.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Thomas a Joint proposal

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):from ISO and IEC

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Kiran, thank you and noted!

  Kiran Malancharuvil (personal capacity):Thank you Nathalie

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Thomas, there were some responses that said
they didn't support funding for objections.  HOwever, there is a (minority)
that would support it.  Is is appropriate to exclude this?

  Berry Cobb:These levels of consensus are pulled from the PDP guidelines.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I agree wtith Aland

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Alan

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):And I think Alan's concerns are very workable
in terms of the proposal itself.  Thank you for that Alan.

  Evan Leibovitch:+1 Alan on all points

  Evan Leibovitch:I am generally agree with the PoV expressed in Alan's
spreadsheet

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I disagree.  I hear quite a few voices in
support of INGO protection in general.  There is (some) divergence  on the
criteria, as they have changed from the spreadsheet to recent lists.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):They were even included in Alpha and Bravo,
in some capactiy, if memory serves.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Absolutely Alan.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):That's right Greg.  That's why we ask for
technical assistance for entry into the TMCH.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):As well, as assistance at the top level.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Not all INGOs are ICANN

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):knowledgeable.

  Chuck Gomes:@ Alan:  Did I understand you to say that you were okay with
subjective criteria?

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):There may be other protections as well.

 Evan Leibovitch:+1 Alan

  Alan Greenberg:Yes Chuck, if you go back to original ALAC pstatements, we
were suggesting criteria which would require judgement calls to put in place.

  Alan Greenberg:Clearly not the group opinion.

  Alan Greenberg:To be clear, I expect many of my opionions to be endorsed by
ALAC. But I have not put them to that test as yet.

  Chuck Gomes:@ Alan:  Thanks. Just wanted to make sure.  That is an area where
we differ but it helps me understand your position.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Can you repeat the question?

  Kiran Malancharuvil (personal capacity):Has the group come to any conclusion
regarding INGOs and objective qualification criteria?

  Alan Greenberg:Claudia's proposa is objective (although some details still
need to be added).

  Kiran Malancharuvil (personal capacity):@Alan - Just trying to catch up....
ALAC is okay with more subjecitve criteria than ISO's position which is
objective?

  Chuck Gomes:It's a question of degree.  How subjective are we willing to
accept?

  Poncelet ileleji:My personal view is that I support what's on the Matrix so
far

  Alan Greenberg:We were advocating all criteria which were to some extent
subjective. That idea has had very little traction within this WG and I have no
intent on pursuing it.

  Mason Cole:For the record, the registrars haven't solidified a position as of
yet.  I suspect it's going to be difficult to accept subjectivity.

  Kiran Malancharuvil (personal capacity):Thanks Alan.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):An excellent suggestion Mary

  Alan Greenberg:@Mason, as mentioned, iWas what we were saying. Not any more.
Just not enough support.

  Mason Cole:Thanks Alan

  Mary Wong:Agree with Chuck.

  Alan Greenberg:Agree with Chuck (but a week is too optimistic)

  Alan Greenberg:Claudia is talking about one of the real weaknesses of the WG
model we are using.

  Evan Leibovitch:(... and the applicant support program)

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Thomas, I did not intend to say that
certainly.

  Chuck Gomes:@ Thomas:  Agree

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I agree with Alan, a week might be rather
optimistic, especially for comments.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Doing it right v. doing it fast.... always a
balance.

  Berry Cobb:@ Greg, I inlcuded your response into the master.  I will send out
the latest after the call.

  Kiran Malancharuvil (personal capacity):THank you!

  Poncelet ileleji:Thanks all Bye

  Osvaldo Novoa:Tahnk you, bye